Welcome to Simple BI Insights.
My name is Anoop Mohan and I have created this website as a personal blog for sharing the information I acquired about Business Intelligence.
I have started my carrier as a software developer in 2007. My first project was developing a web application using VB and SQL Server 2000 as back-end. I got a chance to work on SSIS when there was a project requirement to load some flat files from the vendor daily.
After that project, I received several opportunities to get involved with Microsoft BI Stack and worked on multiple projects in SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS. I have then moved on to work on data visualization using Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. Currently exploring the endless opportunities in Microsoft Azure space.
- I have more than 12 years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining Data warehouses
- Worked on implementing complex ETL workflows using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Models and Multidimensional Cubes
- Data visualization and analytics using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power View and Microsoft Excel
- Data visualization with Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service
- Exploring Cloud BI based on Microsoft Azure technologies
I hope that this blog will help me share the knowledge I acquired over these years.
The opinions expressed here are my own and not the views of my employer. My employer does not endorse any tools, applications, books, or concepts mentioned in this blog.